Wednesday, June 14, 2006

MUSIC REVIEW: Our Time Has Come - Denise Ho

I probably should have reviewed this album a few weeks ago, but as usual due to my laziness I have not got round to writing something about this till now.

This is the long-awaited follow-up album from Denise Ho (HOCC), after her rather brilliant musical The Legend Of The Next Lives Of The Butterfly Lovers. My first impression is that there's a mixture of good and bad in here - I am not convinced by her more rock-oriented songs.... Nothing wrong with her singing, it's just the tunes were not that good, and no matter how hard she tried, it's not going to make these great songs. See for yourself with this first track of the album:




Having said that, I got attracted to nearly every single ballad in this album from the start. "Faultless" (Track 8) was the first track to be promoted from this album - I wouldn't say the song is faultless itself, but it's certainly a strong track.



Another track that I have fallen in love with is "I Wish I Could Learn How To Let You Go" (Track 2) - Both the lyrics and her emotion in this song came across as very powerful, and I was listening to it more or less all the time last week.



But in the last few days, I have ended up listening even more to another track "Knocking On The Door In The Middle Of The Night" (Track 6) - no video yet, but I guess this track would be another one worth promoting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home